Friday 21 June 2013

Breaking the Black (without breaking the bank)

I love black. It's classic and easy to wear - everybody can pull off an all black outfit and look chic. Yet I've heard a number of people refer to it as 'boring, depressing and gothic'. 

While I'm happy to agree to disagree with those people (who are usually seen wearing head-to-toe hot pink and faux smiles), it is good to break up the black occasionally. That doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a whole new winter wardrobe full of colour - my number one rule in fashion is that accesories are everything. 


Keep a curated wardrobe full of good quality pieces and then update your wardrobe each season with accessories; think costume jewellry, scarves, bags and brightly coloured lipsticks. Not only does it mean you can have a different look each day but it also saves you a fortune. If you're wary of introducing colour then begin with more neutral & subtle shades like cream, tan and latte. 

breaking the black 
HAIR CUFF: Lovisa
BAG: Country Road
RING: Lovisa (similar here)
LIPSTICK: Chanel Rogue Coco

1 comment:

  1. I do like buying good quality black pieces because I know I'll wear it forever- a fuschia pink piece I'll spend less on because I know I'll only wear it a handful of times.

    ReplyDelete